Thursday, July 07, 2005

Romeo? Where for art thou Romeo?

Guess what we did on Tuesday?


Meet Romeo. He's part pit bull and part boxer, all cutie pie. Now shower him with love and affection.


Okay, I know in the last post I said I wanted a puppy, but I knew that I was being implusive and should just buy a pair of shoes instead. Well, after careful deliberation we decided we were ready for a dog. Don't worry I got shoes too. Duh. But whilst at the mall buying said shoes we ran into the SPCA. And the most adorable puppy, Fernando. But we would have to wait until the next day to adopt him at the shelter.


Now, here comes the cruelest thing Chuck has ever done.

We went to the SPCA the next day determined to get Fernando. I was a wee bit excited at the prospect of getting a puppy, I mean the only thing I was missing was a Mom-to-Be shirt. In my mind I had me a puppy. Well, Chuck didn't read all the rules and we couldn't adopt until the shelter talked to Chuck's landlord. And the apartment complex was closed. Now, a little background on me, I am a spolied brat. If I don't get something I want I get very upset and pouty. (Past the age five it isn't cute anymore, but what the hell it suits me.) Here I'll demonstate:

Me: How do you know the apartment place is closed?

Chuck: Because I got the voicemail sweetie.

Me: Well, what did it say?

Chuck: Darling - the love of my life, it's saying "For maintenance emergencies....

Me: What do you mean this isn't a maintenance emergency?

Chuck: Baby, it's okay, we can come back another day and get him.

Me: (minor tantrum)

Me: (silence.) (for like nine hours)

So, we had to wait until Tuesday because everything was closed on Monday. Thanks so much Founding Fathers. We got to the SPCA and found out that Fernando was gone. Oh well, look at all the other cute puppies. In the process of picking one I believe I knocked over several small children looking for their family's first pet, but tough shit. Mommy wants a puppy. And shoes.

Now get ready for more puppy pictures than are completely necessary.


This is the first thing he did when got home. It's okay to be jealous. Really it is.



Oh, mommy loves you so much she's going to choke you. And then cry for an hour because maybe you really thought she wanted to and now you are never going to like her. Ever.



Look at the new toys my new parents got me. They make me crrrrraaaaaazy.


This is my first night in my new apartment. I'm so quiet, so peaceful, so lovable. I'm so not like this for the rest of the night.


Check out my big feet. You know what they say about big feet don't you?


I love my boys! Except when they pee on my stuff. Heh.

No comments: