Thursday, July 21, 2005

Random Notes from Hell

Otherwise known as Dallas, TX.

1. I have a confession to make. I, Tweets, am a illegal DART rider. I get on everyday without paying. I'm putting honor systems everywhere to shame. I'm the one bad apple that spoils the a whole lot. I would walk the seven blocks, but seriously, it's mad hot here. And I might sweat or something. I don't do humidity. Though riding the DART train illegally has turned me into a paranoid freak. First, as the train rolls into a station even before I've boarded, I have to survey the entire thing to make sure a fare inspector isn't on board. I bet if you took my blood pressure while I'm riding the train, it would be sky high. I fear any minute someone is going to yell at me to show them my ticket. And I'll just stand there going uuuuuuuuh, hey, look over there. But still I can't help getting on the train and not paying. It's $1.25, people. For seven blocks. It's too hot to resist. Plus it's right there when I come out of my office. And drops me off right at Charlie's office. What's a girl to do? Sweat? Surely you jest.

2. But I am loving this:


It's the best toothbrush in the whole wide world. Swear. I actually look forward to brushing my teeth. My teeth feel like I just got back from the dentist. Sans the novacaine shots, and lectures about flossing. IT. IS. AWESOME. Buy one now.

Oh, and I'm also loving the $1 bins at Target. Nothing like slapping a cheap price sticker on a cheap product. Measuring cups? A DOLLAR? Yes. Chip clips for only a dollar? CHIP CLIPS! Why, buy five of them. You can never have enough chip clips. Ever.

3. But I am so not impressed with this:


It's my new flat iron. It's ceramic (oh la la). But I ain't impressed. Well, at least not 70 bucks impressed. My hair should be straightening itself for that kinda bank, or at least stay straight for longer than twenty minutes. Curse you thick wavy hair! I hate you so bad.

4. And I'm hating this cold sneaking up on me. There's that lurking feeling in the back of my throat right now. But, hey, at least it's in time for the weekend. It's not like I had any plans, or anything. Because I totally did. I was planning to go to Wichita to see my nephew Joshua's baptism. (What? Real live babies? Romeo would have been so jealous.) Only now, to prevent being THE relative that got the wee defensless cherub sick, I won't be attending. I will certainly not be receiving Aunt O' the Year nods anytime soon.

5. Loathing: that damn Coke Zero song. Why must that song be stuck on repeat in my head? Gah! Oh, and G.Love? Way to sell out. And for Coke? Double Gah!

6. Deperately needing someone to talk me out of these:




Oh, but aren't they cute? And I bet if I got them, I might actually take up cross country. What? It could happen. Whatever. They're still cute as all get out.

7. And speaking of talking me out of something, go ahead and talk me out of bidding on these:

Because um, really. Used shoes? Used adorable boots? VINTAGE adorable 3 inch heeled cowboy boots? Okay, you're not doing a very good job.


And those directly link to these:


Which I am absolutely coveting. I wanna be all boho now. That's fancy Us Weekly talk for dressing bohemian. Which could totally be my style because I just scream fashionista, right? Whatever.

8. Reading: (like there's any time) The Power of Positive Dog Training by Pat Miller. It's helping me stop treating my dog gawd awful by telling him horrendously deviant things like, NO. Because if you tell your dog NO! you should be shot. On sight. "You should just ignore the dog's bad behavior and then reward him when he's doing something you like." Uh, Pat have you ever tried to ignore little razors, otherwise known as puppy teeth, clamping down on the back of your foot when you least expect it? Ignore it my ass, that crap huuuuuuurts.

Oh, and where's your chapter on What To Do When Your Dog Barks Incessantly At You, Gnaws Your Feet/Shoes/Hair/ $125 Pair of Jeans, and/or Pees Ten Minutes After You've Come In From (Yet) Another Unsuccessful Potty Trip?

Cause this bitch would like to know.

9. Why. WHY am I addicted to movies like this one? Maybe it's the drama. Maybe it's how they overcome so many obstacles. (Because people, you know there's going to be some serious obstacles to be gotten over. I'm thinking someone gets their feelings hurt.) Maybe it's that damn song.

10. Why did I choose list form for this post? No. Clue.

See you on the flip side.

No comments: