Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Seven or eight borderline alcoholics walk into a bar

Hilarity ensues, yada yada yada.

So, Friday was Charlie's birthday. He turned 28. Yeah! Happy birthday you old fart. We celebrated like only we know how. Bar. Drinks. Good times. I started out the evening by stating that I was keepin' it ruuurl. Which apparently meant "real" drunk. Happy Birthday to who again?

Now some of you might be going Friday July 15th, that's Charlie's birthday? Oh. My. Goodness. That was the same day as when the sixth Harry Potter book was released - Harry Potter Day! And those some people would be nerds. I'm kidding. Sort of.

Anyway, Nikki and I had the same thought and smelled an opportunity right away. Chucky Potter Birthday Extravaganza. It had so much promise people. So much. Casting spells to get drinks. Warring Hogwart's houses. General debauchery. Unfortunately, the Chucky Potter Birthday Extravaganza lasted all of 6 minutes and 42 seconds. But Charlie went along with it for the whole time. What a good sport.


Oh and y'alls, we had the dumbest waitress on the planet. Not only would she disappear for-like-EVAH, but she hadn't quite mastered the concept of a tab. Tab, as in we give you a credit card, and you keep track of our drinks. I can't tell you how many times she would ask, okay, who's paying for this? Actually, I can tell you how many, EVERY. DAMN. TIME. By the end we were just screaming The TAAAAA-BUH. Even at the end of the night she still didn't get the concept. My mind? Boggled. Given this, Nikki and I get all worked up and feel like it's proper to complain. Because you know it worked so well for us before. So now it stands who's dumber? The waitress or the slightly more than tipsy girls who go to complain to the bartender at bar time? Don't answer that. Fueled mostly by Nikki's encouragement and libations we both proceed to the bar to complain. And I promise we had an argument, a real legitimate beef, but mind you, this is at the end of the night so it just kept coming out, she took my receipt and I want a Tab. Yeah, we'll never learn our lesson.

Photo essay? Why, yes.



"You're a wizard, Charlie." Was SO. FUN. While it lasted.

Tweets and crew. What keeps us so close? Booze. Take a gander at Nikki's rack, amazing! And doesn't Charlie have the cutest little Menudo-esque 'fro going on here?

If it's Charlie's birthday it's means we're doing lots of these. Lots.

Which lead to Charlie doing lots of this. Lots.

I told them to pose like they had just won their first Grande Prix at Cannes. And this is all they coud give me. Apparently Travis took it to mean "lose all my hair." I'm keeping this picture, you know just in case. That way I can say, I knew them back when they were just still ego-manicial hyper-competitive kick-you-in-the-bollocks fuck-you-over asshats who had nothing to show for it.

Aren't we cute when we're drunk? My hair is so in a second day without a flat iron pony tail. Fetching, don't you think?

What do you think Nikki I were doing here: Vehemently discussing the problems of depending on foreign oil and how it is impacting our government's role in world politics? Not hardly. Dishing the latest gossip about our friends Jen and Vince/the other Jen/Jessica/Brad & Angelina/J-Lo/Lindsey/Britney? You're getting warmer. Bitching about that damn waitress? Ding Ding Ding Jackpot!

And look, I even got to part-ay with some work peeps. Kat is all like look at the bewbies. And even though they were work people it never got awkward.

Until this. And then it got REAL. AWKWARD.

Then Nikki and I made out. Look at Taber, he's all up in hog heaven. Perv.


Whew, now that Charlie's birthday is over, we can finally focus on the birthday celebration of moi. What my birthday is about a month away? Your point?

No comments: