Thursday, December 15, 2005

A sneak peek

Listening:

Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez (who, believe or not, is Swedish)

It's the song from the Sony Bravia commercial, because yes, I am that lame that I discover music from commercials. That aside this song so beautiful, and yet I have no idea what it's talking about:

"One night to be confused

One night to speed up truth

We had a promise made

Four hands and then away "


And apparently it's a remake. Make sure you check out the orignal to hear the difference.

(I'm not as fancy as Crazy Virgo, so I don't know how to post it to the blog for your listening pleasure. Although, I'm pretty sure that iTunes wouldn't allow it anyway. Meanies.)


Reading:

Lunar Park - Brian Ellis Easton

From the guy who wrote American Psycho and Rules of Attraction. This book has me seriously creeped out. Right now, the last 60 pages or so are just taunting me.

The Gina Blog

"Being the kind and gentle mom that I am, I thought to myself, "well, how long can this thing live?" Apparently - FOREVER!!!"

Bacon Grease

"After being alienated from someone you love because of a mental illness, probably doing everything you could to see and help that person only to be denied but then discovering they were thinking of you all along, every single day, every single week, year after year. I can’t think of a more amazing yet torturous gift."

Watching:

I want to have his babies

"Just to reiterate: America is now less progressive than South Africa."

2 comments:

gina said...

Thanks for the love sweetie! You are too cute!

Anonymous said...

yeah! GReat friday blog. and thanks for the update on john stewart. my tivo all of a sudden decided that i didn't need to record the daily show or the colbert report. fuckin tivo